In case you haven't noticed, I really love my job. It's challenging. It's humbling. It's difficult. It's time consuming. It's rewarding. It's terrifying. It's empowering. It's full of new discoveries every day...
On Sunday we had our Youth Sunday worship. It was invigorating, inspiring, and so intentionally done. I am so proud of all of the youth and their hard work. I am so thankful for the help and guidance offered by the adults. There was no doubt that God was being praised that morning.
Like many, I've experienced heart ache and sorrow. Sometimes the feeling of pain and emptiness are all too familiar. I've gone through some things that have caused me to question God and even stop believing in God. After some time, God and I got back on speaking terms, but that heart ache still lingers deep within my soul on occasion. This weekend was one of those times that causes those feelings to resurface. In the past I've been rendered completely useless and even sent home for the day from my internship because I couldn't even function without crying.
This Sunday, however, there was no doubt that I knew with all of my heart that God is good. Watching a generation- a young generation that is full of hope and wonder and who believe they're invincible- lead a group of people- a people of many generations and backgrounds- come together in praise and thanksgiving. I've told the youth before that I think part of why God made us all so different is because we are made in God's image and are reflective of God. Because of the richness and wonder of God, we learn a little about God from each person we meet. If that is true, then I learned a few things about God this Sunday from my marshmallows. I learned that God is funny, intelligent, creative, compassionate, wise, strong, endearing, hopeful, brave, and full of light and beauty.
On a day that has usually been lit by barely a flicker of light, I could see the brightest and most vibrant light radiating from the youth of FCC.
So, here's to the marshmallows. Thank you for being the incredibly amazing people that God has created you to be! Thanks for giving me the best job in the universe!!
On Sunday we had our Youth Sunday worship. It was invigorating, inspiring, and so intentionally done. I am so proud of all of the youth and their hard work. I am so thankful for the help and guidance offered by the adults. There was no doubt that God was being praised that morning.
Like many, I've experienced heart ache and sorrow. Sometimes the feeling of pain and emptiness are all too familiar. I've gone through some things that have caused me to question God and even stop believing in God. After some time, God and I got back on speaking terms, but that heart ache still lingers deep within my soul on occasion. This weekend was one of those times that causes those feelings to resurface. In the past I've been rendered completely useless and even sent home for the day from my internship because I couldn't even function without crying.
This Sunday, however, there was no doubt that I knew with all of my heart that God is good. Watching a generation- a young generation that is full of hope and wonder and who believe they're invincible- lead a group of people- a people of many generations and backgrounds- come together in praise and thanksgiving. I've told the youth before that I think part of why God made us all so different is because we are made in God's image and are reflective of God. Because of the richness and wonder of God, we learn a little about God from each person we meet. If that is true, then I learned a few things about God this Sunday from my marshmallows. I learned that God is funny, intelligent, creative, compassionate, wise, strong, endearing, hopeful, brave, and full of light and beauty.
On a day that has usually been lit by barely a flicker of light, I could see the brightest and most vibrant light radiating from the youth of FCC.
So, here's to the marshmallows. Thank you for being the incredibly amazing people that God has created you to be! Thanks for giving me the best job in the universe!!
Comments
Post a Comment