My professors gave me a hard time for turning things in at the last possible minute.
I survived on Diet Coke & coffee for most of my college career, specifically senior year.
I finished papers the night before they were do-- contributing to an abnormally high tally of all nighters.
I thought it was funny to make Dr. Petrovich sweat it out and would dropbox my assignments LITERALLY the minute before they were due...
Alas, that skill of procrastination has paid off.
Thanks to my new ability to function & create projects... papers... presentations... pretty much everything... during the last possible minute and under pressure, I'm going to be able to do peace presentations that tie into whatever the camp/state needs at that time. For example: immigration in Alabama.
I'd like to thank Dr. Petrovich for getting so annoyed with me it was funny, giving me the drive to turn things in last minute. Here's to Dr. Dietz, for allowing me to push things to the last minute but still teaching me a valuable lesson about punctuality. I'd also like to thank the religion department at TCU for having an incredibly difficult senior seminar course that pushed me to work all through the wee morning hours and then work a 13 hr day on less than an hour of sleep. I'd like to thank Kimberly Dena & Katelyn Fischer for also staying up all night working on homework and our mutual ability to keep each other company.Of course, I must thank Whitney Finstad for making the coffee every morning-- aka, the life giving liquid.
So here's to you procrastination during college, you're contributing to world peace!!

Comments
Post a Comment