The other day I asked a heartbreaking question that had been on my mind - "Do you think people in Heaven miss us as much as we miss them?"
This week has been hard. There isn't really another way to say it. It's just been hard. This past Sunday (1/24/16) I tried to prepare myself emotionally to handle this week. As I was doing so, I saw something differently in our sanctuary than I ever had. I wrote about the 'Resurrection Window' about 6 months ago ( (found here) but neglected to pay attention to the bottom part of the window. At the bottom of the window is an angel and I think she's supposed to be praying, but to me, it looked like she was weeping...
And I don't blame her. Reliving this week has been much harder than I expected. I think the difference is this time last year I was surrounded by people who knew and loved you and that made you feel so much closer. This week has been lonely. Though surrounded by people who care, it's been lonely. I don't know if you miss us as much as we miss you, but I found comfort in that angel - the angel who doesn't pretend that everything is perfect but instead who still longs for lost loved ones... The angel who rejoices in your newfound life but weeps for the life she will no longer share with you... The angel who spoke to my weakness and reminded me of a holy strength....
A year seems like so long and I know it'll be way longer until we're together again. Until then, I'll continue to look for you every day and to show off your pictures and brag about you. Until then, I'll listen to your songs, go through our childhood pictures, and visit you every single time I come home. Until then, I'll miss you like crazy, give thanks for family who turns into friends, and remember that I have the best darn guardian angel a girl could ask for - who celebrates and weeps with me.
Comments
Post a Comment