Imperfections

Today while I was distracting Sara for no reason whatsoever, we went to Charming Charlie and I found this necklace. One side is a horse who had an incident with some bleach (or he may be a zebra...) and the other side is a giraffe. He was missing a leg and I thought about how this poor guy will probably just get thrown away because he has one little thing differentiating him from his peers. He will be pushed aside and his "perfect" zebra/giraffe neighbors will be chosen first as the shopper's preferred accessory. Because of his one little imperfection, he will never be seen as "whole" or "desirable". 

I am so thankful that God does not push us away based off of our imperfections. Instead, we are given the opportunity to fulfill our purpose- imperfections and all. 

We are loved. We are worthwhile. We are never put aside or given up on. 

I am very excited about my new necklace and the adventure (and puns) that it will soon enjoy.




Comments