Bombarded by Blessings

Fear not! I've been keeping up with posting thanksgivings each night, just not posting beyond my mirror.

In doing this, I have found that at the end of the night I have a hard time narrowing down the list of just picking one specific thing to write down. That's a blessing in and of itself!

Today in particular I am thankful for my Religious Education class. Our professor is so engaging and passionate about the church's educational ministry. Today we did a mock Bible study of the book of Jonah. It's amazing how you can hear something so many times yet one day it strikes you as brand new. After listening to it, we were given several ways to engage the text- small group discussion, drawing, writing poems or thoughts, reading commentaries, etc. I decided to go for the drawing option and made a large whale puppet- with a moving mouth! While at first I decided to do this simply to make a puppet, I began to reflect on this text differently than I had before- particularly the part about Jonah being swallowed by the large fish.

I thought God was punishing me for not always listening to Him...

... Then I realized God wasn't punishing me. God was helping me find an alternative route to get where I needed to be.

Comments