My Cup Overflows

My Cup Overflows

Hello, dearest blog! It's been a while since we last spoke...

The past 9 months at FCC Gainesville have been unexplainably amazing. I know that the "perfect church" doesn't really exist... But much like the many brave souls who valiantly search for the Loch Ness monster or hopeful child who takes a carrot to their horse's head with the intention of having a unicorn, I'm starting to think this myth may be reality.

Over the past few weeks I have been working with 3 of the youth in 'Pastor's Class' in preparation for their baptisms. As they came forward this morning to make their Confession of Faith', I was overfilled with joy. It seems like a dream. For years I have waited for that moment- you know the one- you extend the right hand of Christian fellowship and bam! They're in the club and know the secret handshake now! As I looked into their eyes (but no longer than 3 consecutive seconds because  I was getting VERY choked up), it hit me that we have all made it this far in our journeys together. I was living in a moment I have awaited for over 10 years... to extend the invitation of God's kingdom to my brothers and sisters in Christ.

"And now I will ask you the same question that every single one of us have been asked, Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and do you accept Him as your personal Lord and Savior?"

"Yes."

"I now offer you the right hand of Christian fellowship. Welcome home!!"

I am overwhelmed by the presence of the Holy Spirit as I think back to this moment. Sunday is going to be an incredible day. The presence of God is as strong as ever in Gainesville, TX!

Comments