Theology of Bon Jovi

It's been a while since I've updated my blog... Lots of things have happened or changed- probably more than I'd care to reminisce on at the moment.

Each camp that I was able to take part in last summer (and any summer before of course) left a very special place in my heart. Each brought new lessons, new friendships, new challenges, new anxieties... But for some reason, the Omega CYF Camp in Kansas left an exceptionally large mark on my heart. Perhaps it's because that was my largest camp of the summer, maybe because I was surrounded by Brite and TCU alumni- and even a Kappa Eta SK!, maybe because I left a piece of my heart is strong hands, maybe because it's driving distance.. Or a combination of all these things. Regardless, I knew that I was feeling the presence of God at this camp and that this was exactly where I needs FYI be.

The past few years I have bounced from camps in Athens at Disciples Crossing, to Slumber Falls, and to all my camps last summer. For the past few years, I knew no one going into camp. Sure I maybe knew some counselors from school or staff meeting, but I was not going into camp with any strong relationships. While the excitement of being brand new and anxiously awaiting full camp immersion, I couldn't help but notice this this was somewhat lonely. For the first time in about 5 years I was able to go back to camp anxiously awaiting dear friends, catching up, hearing stories, and just being completely ecstatic. I felt like I was right where God wanted me to be. I felt like I was home.

After a quick stroll up I35N,I arrived at the camp gates and began to feel years welling up in my eyes as I celebrated this "homecoming." I know this isn't my home camp but for a moment it was clearer than ever before. This isn't my home camp. This isn't your home camp. This is all God's camp and the power of God is radiating here in Augusta, KA! No matter where we go, we are home. "When as many as two or more are gathered, there am I am also." God is ready here. Are we looking hard enough!

One of my favorite Bon Jovi songs is called "Who Says You Can't Go Home." No one can stop us from going home because our home is not ours, its God's.... And all are welcome at that table!

Comments