They're here! They're here!

My camp assignments are in! I'm pretty excited about them, I haven't been to most of the places I will be and will finally be able to escape Texas/Louisiana summer heat.

6/5 - 6/11 
Indianapolis
DPF training

6/12 - 6/18
Michigan
This actually isn't a traditional church camp. It's a summer long mission project in Detroit and Disciples sponsor one of the weeks (Peace Week) so I will be working with them. From what I understand, it's still high schoolers but it's doing inner city work in Detroit and we stay at a church. Sounds pretty awesome to me! Also, I literally laughed out loud when I found out I was going to Michigan. I think we all remember when I couldn't think of anything to talk to this not so friendly girl during rush and on a whim told her I was from Michigan and made up my entire life story. Never lived that one down. Okay God, I get it... I shouldn't have lied to a girl during rush. It's not like I told her I was royalty or anything...

6/20 - 6/24
Alabama
I will be on my best behavior but will not compromise my feelings towards college football. Regardless, it'll be nice to be back in the South for a little while!

6/26 - 7/8
New York
From what I understand, the camp is in Dunkirk which is upstate and close to Buffalo. I'll actually be here for about 2 weeks! 

7/9 - 7/16
Tennessee
GENERAL ASSEMBLY! YES! IT'S THIS SUMMER! YAY! GA is July 9-13 and then all three peace interns are staying in Tennessee and working with a younger elementary camp from July 14-16. I feel like my puppets will come in handy for this camp.

7/17 - 7/23
Kansas
Not to be confused with Kansas City which has it's own region.

7/24 - 8/10
Southern California
I'm going to be here for two weeks doing camp and then staying an extra 4 days to spend time with Kyle & Amy before heading back home to Lake Chuck. This will probably be my last trip out to California to visit them because they're moving to DFW within the next year! YEE HAW!

I'm so excited about all of these assignments. I have never been to Michigan, New York, Alabama, or Kansas really. I'll proudly rep the purple every where I go and am excited to head back to Fort Worth after an amazing summer. I mean, what could be cooler than spending all summer at church camp? 

Comments